When my neighbor tried to replace the valve, we realized the the problem was actually a cracked T-joint, something he assures me is really rare and "never" normally happens. I guess we're just lucky that way.
Anyway, the valve replacement caused the crack to widen, so my drip is now a steady stream. I had to cut power to the well pump and totally turn off the water to the house to prevent my storage room from floating away. I turned it back on this morning just long enough for everyone to get ready for the day and then shut it down again until we can get the problem fixed.
Kid 1 hauled the other kids to Burger King this afternoon so they could use the restroom there. I held it until I got to the beauty salon for my hair cut today. Fun, huh?
Our plumber friend tells us that the repair is time consuming. He's a really busy guy, but he said he was willing to advise us if Stable Boy wants to do the work himself and recommended another plumber if we wanted the work done for us. He warned us that the repair job would probably be close to $400 to hire out.
He also gave us two repair options. One is to do a full replacement of the T-joint. The second is to patch it with JB Weld. Hmmm. $400 versus $4 for a pack of JB Weld. I think we'll start with Door #2 and see how that goes.
I just picked up a pack of JB Weld for Stable Boy to play with. Hopefully he gets home from work soon, cuz the entire youth group from church is supposed to be here in an hour to play water balloon volleyball and a have bonfire with s'mores. Hope no one needs to use the bathroom!