Then we got started on moving the back fence. If you recall, last spring we rented a mini-excavator and moved our irrigation ditch back about 15+ feet cuz the horses were collapsing the ditch banks. We brought in a LOT of dirt and fill to support the new ditch bank and then I seeded that area with grass and fenced it off to allow the grass to grow.
With the grass now mature, I wanted to get the fence shifted back adjacent to the new ditch before winter, so that's what we did. The back fields look so much bigger now.
Kid 1 was out of the picture because she stood up under an apple tree in the morning and gave herself a nasty headache.
Kid 2 did a great job manning the post-puller in the SW field--right up until she somehow bashed the top of her head with the lever arm and knocked herself loopy while trying to remove the last post.
Stable Boy and I made do with the remaining two helpers and had the fence mostly back up by the time it became too dark see what we were doing (even with headlights!). We finished up the job last night.
And that was my weekend. Ta-da!